Random Post 2 - Sushi
I am currently waiting for my Postmates sushi order to arrive and it's all I can think about. Therefore, I will be writing my blog post on sushi and my favourite spots in LA.
Since I was little, my parents would always take me to a little sushi spot near my house where they had a conveyor belt of sushi that would go around the restaurant with platters that you could help yourself to. I thought this was the coolest thing and it developed my love for Japanese food at a young age. Ever since I would always pick Japanese restaurants for special occasions and would have fun in different cities exploring their sushi options. I think the main reason why I love it so much is how you can get such a complex variety of flavours and textures in such a minimal way.
Now that I have lived in LA for a few years, I have found some of my favourite spots which I will share with you. My new go-to is Iki Ramen in Koreatown because they have amazing quality fish for a reasonable price. They also have phenomenal noodles and cooked food too which I like getting in addition to the sushi. My other favourite spot is Yunomi in the Arts District. It is a handroll bar, which I like because it is very quick and casual, and they have the best seaweed and soy sauce! My top handrolls to get there are the scallop and baked crab. Last but not least is Sushi Enya which has a few locations in LA—although a bit more expensive, it has a huge menu and everything is phenomenal.
Although I am an avid sushi lover I still have not yet had the chance to visit Japan yet but it is definitely on my bucket list as I am sure it would be incredible to try all the food there!
My food is now arriving but thanks for reading and I hope I inspired you to try some new places in LA!
Hi Florence, great post! Sushi is my favorite food, so I definitely have to try out your favorite spots in LA. Baked crab handrolls are the best!
ReplyDeleteAlways looking to try out new restaurants so definitely will try something out on this list. There are so many places in LA that I haven't heard about its impossible to find all the great restuarants.
ReplyDeleteHi Florence! I have only tired sushi once, but I love to hear how much you love it. I'm glad you have found some good spots in LA!!
ReplyDeleteHi Florence! I am also a huge fan of Yunomi sushi, we should definitely go together sometime! One of my favorite sushi restaurants on the westside of LA is Sushi House. It's a great authentic vibe and high quality sushi!
ReplyDeleteHi Florence, I am currently putting these places on my list of restaurants to try. I absolutely love sushi and have been looking for new places! I would also love to visit Japan. My brother lived there for a bit and when he came back, he would teach me how to make sushi, so that would be our go-to for dinner parties. Great post!
ReplyDelete