Book 2, Post 2 - When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing

 I have greatly enjoyed reading When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing as it was very satisfying to learn the science behind time and how to make the most of it. I particularly liked Part 2 of the book which went into the 'Beginnings, Endings, and In Between' as it broke down everything from how to end your day at work to when it is a good time to get a divorce.

While a lot of this section of the book applied to events in life much later down the line for me, like when to leave a job or how to get over a mid-life slump, I find learning about these things very interesting so I can almost plan in advance. For example, setting goals earlier in life to make turning thirty a bit more manageable or starting a job I actually want to do. 

Daniel Pink provides fascinating research to back up all of his advice and I highly recommend this book for anyone at any stage of life that is curious about time. It is our only limited resource after all!

Comments

  1. Hey Florence,

    As a stickler for creating schedules and planning every aspect of my life, I agree with you; our success often comes down to planning, timing, and execution. That said, I've learned that planning for everything in life can be mundane, so I have learned not to plan for everything and allow some spontaneity in my life. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Florence! This post definitely made me want to read the book, since I'm someone who tries to plan for the future as much as I can. Setting goals definitely makes parts of life more manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Florence! I really enjoyed Part 2 of the book as well. It really opened my eyes that there is a science to everything we do, especially when it comes to timing. Glad you enjoyed the book just as much as me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Florence - Super awesome that you enjoyed reading this book. I think its definitely good to have some idea with how to deal with potential life problems even if its a little early, as you never want to be caught off guard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Florence, this sounds like an amazing book. I often struggle with planning for the future so having the advice of the timing of events like when to leave a job would be helpful for me as well to plan ahead. This is definitely a book I would want to read, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Florence - your post made me reflect on where I want to be at 30, for better or for worse. Always find myself debating between living in the moment and trying to live with purpose/plan for the future. Heavy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Florence. Sounds like you read a pretty interesting book. It is super interesting that the book is about time, something we have so much of and so little of. I do agree with you when you say it is good to know about mid-life slumps such as the book talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Flo! I really liked reading your summary of the book and I'm so glad you enjoyed your book! I think timing is so important and can make or break certain experiences. Definitely need to read this one next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment